Reserve Saturday October 3rd for this year's Putt'n Sweep season starting event. Golf will be played at the Mill Run Executive Course followed by curling at the club.
Registration for the 2015 – 2016 season is open to returning members as of July 1!!
Please read YCC President Wilf Goodman's letter that explains more about the registration process.
Please log into the Member Login Area and then click the link to begin the sign up process.
Click Sign up at the bottom of the Member Login. When your access is approved, you can then log into the Member Login Area and begin the sign-up process.
Please note that applications from new members will be held until August 1, then processed in the order in which they were received.
*NEW FOR 2015 – 2016* Sunday Evening Novice League
This league is designed for curlers who have taken a Learn-To-Curl program or have limited curling experience. It offers a great opportunity for new curlers to get started and novice players to continue developing their skills and understanding of the game.
In-Club Registration Events
If you do not have internet access or require assistance, please attend one of these events at YCC, 220 Muriel Street, Newmarket:
- Wednesday July 22, 2015 2 – 4 pm and 7 – 9 pm
- Tuesday September 22, 2015 2 – 4 pm and 7 – 9 pm
YCC is renovating the clubhouse and exterior of our building this summer. Check out some photos from the project.
|Upcoming York Curling Club Events
|Wednesday July 22, 2015 - 2-4PM, 7-9PM - Registration at the club (info)
|Tuesday September 22, 2015 - 2-4PM, 7-9PM - Registration at the club (info)
|Saturday October 3, 2015 YCC Putt N Sweep Golf/Curling Event - info
Check out some pictures from the YCC Closing Spiel.
Congratulations to Erika Buhlman's team that won the main event.
YCC is inviting 6 candidates to attend a Club Coach Course set up by the OCA this Fall. It is a two day event that is usually offered at a Club in the GTA Region (this info is not available yet but will be soon).
The successful candidates will be reimbursed their fee of $175.00 for attending the course when they have completed their volunteer hours with our Learn to Curl Program. This is a great way for a curler to improve their skills and give back to the Club at the same time.
Several of our members have attended these courses and are now certified as Club Coaches and have had a significant impact assisting new curlers and helping with the Learn to Curl Program.
Thanks .... Lindsay
This next Curling Season YCC will be offering 4 Learn to Curl Clinics throughout the year.
The dates for these Clinics are:
- Sun Nov 29th 2-4pm,
- Sun Dec 13th 7-9pm,
- Sun Jan 31st 2-4pm,
- Sun Feb 28th 7-9pm
The cost for each Clinic will be $15.00 and will be open to curlers with no experience or for those that have 1 or 2 years' experience only as well. Please let friends and family know about these dates and encourage them to come out and try our great sport.
For New Curlers that sign up in the Fall and join a League we will be holding a FREE Beginner Clinic for them on Sun Oct 4th 1-3pm. They are of course welcome and encouraged to sign up for the other L to C Clinics as well.
Thanks .... Lindsay
Here are the winning teams from the Night of Champions.
- Tuesday Day ladies: Ruth Morrison, Henny Dawe, Beverley Stokes, Katy Maulson
- Monday Men's: Mike Shields, Dave Pegg, Fred Strang, Jim Bowie
- Wed Aft Men: Brent Marks, Jack Inouye, Steve Phinnamore, Rick Gardiner
- Sat Mixed: Grant Hilliard, Deb Hilliard, Stephen Kelly, Joanne Kelly
- Little Rocks: Sophie Robitaille, Arissa Angus, Valery Volkova, Clara Janes
- Junior: Ethan Chisamore-Johnston, Idana Scaccia, Anna Downing, Daniel Albi
- Wed Ladies: Karen Morrison, Tracie Ledsham, Holly Roberts, Karen Hodgson
- Thursday Men's: Steve Flinn, Ted Visser, Jim Bowie, Peter Legg
- Thurs Aft Men: Wayne Hennigar, Silvio Vian, Austin LaPorte, Gerry Schnurr
- Thurs Day Ladies: Kitty Mitchell, Nicole DeAgaizio, Nadine Simpson, Karolyn Francis
- Friday Mixed: Bob Hevey, Renee Buckley, Peter Waterson, Susie Bertrand
Congratulations to the winning teams and all who participated in a great Night of Champions!!
With the end of the season, it was time for challenge rounds for teams competing to stay or get into some leagues. This year there were challenges for both Monday Ladies Team Entry and Tuesday Men's Team Entry.
The following teams were successful in the bids to enter the leagues:
- Sylvain Pelland, Mike Lapish, Mark Ledsham, Alex Ledsham
- Randy Slade, Ian Cunningham, Mitch McPherson, Jim Bowie
- Marg Hurd, Helen Ilkanic, Renee Buckley, Donna Pignataro, Sue Foell
- Deb Selig, Evelina MacEachern, Debbie Hook, Cheryl Iwata
- Ruth Morrison, Janis Eden, Janet McMillan, Donna Demers
Read the YCC April 2015 Newsletter
Congratulations to the following teams:
- Darren Vian, Tom Fitzgerald, Rob Snodden, Steve Leonienco
- Laurie Shields, Lisa Rolfe, Trina Sweezie, Samantha Fuller
These teams will represent York at the Travelers zone playdowns this coming fall!
The Ontario Trillium Foundation, an agency of the Government of Ontario, has approved our application for funding and awarded us $150,000 towards the cost of upgrading the interior and exterior of our club. These upgrades include the completion of the outside cladding and insulation of the building and a lounge upgrade. The lounge upgrade encompasses upgrades to provide energy improvements for the club.
Read more: Ontario Trillium Foundation Grant Awarded to York Curling Club